From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-15 01:37:40

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

> I think Robert's menu is very effective, and was hoping it represented
> a de facto relaxation of the no-script policy.

I have some reservation

1. It does not work very nice when image loading is turned off (as it is for
me).
2. It takes qutie a lot of screen space.

> I think script problems can be resolved by
>
> (i) Having a (small) boost-wide library of javascipt components which
> have been tested on a large number of browsers and which all library
> authors would have to use. To begin with, it could just contain a tree
> control like Robert's; maybe that would be enough.

I think it's probably better to somehow make all new libraries use Boost.Book.
If that's done, any presentation issues can be solved in one place. For
example, I think there were already discussion about expandable TOC on the
boost-doc failings list.

At all events, I'd prefer constistent look of all Boost library docs (and the
ability to print them), to every author introducing something they like.

- Volodya