From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-16 00:58:44

Le jeu 15/07/2004 à 22:45, Martin Wille a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Houston, we have a problem.
>
> The 209 recently added B.S tests apparently result
> in ~20MB binaries each for gcc-3.x compilers. For me
> this means that the nests will need ~20GB more disk
> space. All the other tests with all compilers I'm testing
> for together take ~10GB.

[...]

> Is there a way of reducing the number of tests
> in Boost.Serialization? Would it be viable to
> strip the test binaries (thereby losing debug
> information)? Any other suggestions? Compilers
> do drop?

I also thought about it. But why simply strip the test binaries? Once
the test was successful, the regression data are generated, and the
binary and object files are not necessary anymore. They could simply be
erased. If the files existence is necessary, they could be emptied (or
replaced by dummy versions). A 1k dummy file is a lot nicer than a 4M
test binary never used again.

Regards,

Guillaume

PS: Regression testing works just fine after emptying files:

find bin/ -type f -name "*.o" -exec cp /dev/null "{}" ";"
find bin/ -type f -perm +100 -exec cp /dev/null "{}" ";"