From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-15 15:45:11

Hi,

Houston, we have a problem.

The 209 recently added B.S tests apparently result
in ~20MB binaries each for gcc-3.x compilers. For me
this means that the nests will need ~20GB more disk
space. All the other tests with all compilers I'm testing
for together take ~10GB.

This is not only slightly unbalanced, it also
came as a surprise to me when I suddenly saw the
unexpected disk full errors. Why does this kind
of things always happen so short before a release?

Please, everyone, if you do something that will
have serious impact on the tests being run, please,
notify the testers in advance. (I still think
we should have a separate list for regression
test related stuff, btw.)

I had a few GB of disk space left a few days ago.
Now, I'm unable to run all the tests. I could
drop one of the gcc-3.4 versions. However, I'd
still be short by ~10GB after that.

Is there a way of reducing the number of tests
in Boost.Serialization? Would it be viable to
strip the test binaries (thereby losing debug
information)? Any other suggestions? Compilers
do drop?

Regards,

PS: Yes, I'm already trying to clean my disks ;-)