From: Christoph Ludwig (cludwig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-16 09:13:35

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:21:38AM -0700, Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:14:25 +0200, Martin Wille wrote
> > Right. I do not ask to remove Boost.Serialization from the tests.
> > That'd be the sadest thing we could do.
>
> ....I believe the release needs to take priority over serialization at this
> point. It's purely a timing issue. Because of the diskspace problem, the
> full Linux regression tests aren't available so other library authors are
> unable to clean up the mainline. So while I would love to see Robert clean
> things up and get serialization in the release it seems unlikely this is going
> to be feasible unless someone comes up with a way to allow the Linux
> regression tests to continue (maybe someone wants to fork up $150 bucks and
> Fedex Martin a new disk drive ;-)

I am already using the serialization library whence I'd really like to
see it in the upcoming release.

If it helps to make sure it is included than I can offer to run the
test suite on a linux box with gcc 3.4.1, at least until the release
is out and the problems with the excessive disk space usage is dealt with.
This way Martin Wille could exclude this particular platform from his
tests and regain some of his disk space.

Please contact me if there is any interest.

Regards

Christoph

--
http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/cludwig.html