From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-16 14:13:57

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:25:57 -0700, Robert Ramey wrote
> >BTW, I had to remove the line
> > <runtime-link>static
>
> >from the serialization/test/Jamfile to get the serializiation
> >regression tests to link on my Linux machine. With g++ this was
> > adding a -static which was apparently making it not find libstd++.
>
> Hmm - no other gcc setup required this. Might this indicate that a
> tweak is necessary somewhere in config gcc/linux/mandrake/?
> Combination>

Beats me, I don't know why other Linux setups work....

> b) a) gcc 3.3.? on linux/mandrake - see above.

I ended up having to wipe the whole tree and restart. But the results are
much, much better now. However, there are still 5 serialization failures.

http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-LinuxMandrake.html

Even so, that's good enough to ship :-)

Jeff
ps: The overall status of the current mainline looks pretty good on my tests
now...