From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-16 23:17:30

Rene Rivera wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I believe one of the last remaining problems with the compilation of
> threads in Win32 platforms, maybe others, is that the line-endings on
> the files are totally incorrect. When I look at the files I see double
> spaced lines with line-endings of the CR-CR-LF variety. This causes all
> kinds of problems when the CW preprocessor tries to parse multi-line
> macros as it only parses the first line and error on the rest, for example:
>
> ### mwcc Compiler:
> # File: ..\src\exceptions.cpp
> # ------------------------------
> # 49: || defined(__CYGWIN__)
> # Error: ^^
> # declaration syntax error
>
> Which is the second line of:
>
> # if defined(_WIN32) || defined(__WIN32__) || defined(WIN32) \
> || defined(__CYGWIN__)

I fixed this particular error by moving the 2nd line onto the end of the
first, not realizing that the linebreaks were the problem. Feel free to
move it back if you want.

> It will likely be easier for me to fix this directly than have you try
> and get the line endings just right, as the editor I use has
> functionality to fix those problems.
>
> Would it be OK for me to fix those at this time? I don't want to collide
> with anything you might be changing.

I've just checked in some changes, and don't plan to do anything else
for some time, probably not for a couple of days. Please do.

I wish I knew why they are wrong in the first place.

Mike