From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-17 17:48:00

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:13:08 -0700, Jeff Garland wrote
...replies to self...

>...snip detail some details...
>
> date-time has a number of regession test failures when it is built
> in the dll mode on windows. They look like this:
>
> Which looks like it is complaining about the BOOST_DATE_TIME_DECL
> macro. I'm wondering if in config/platform/win32.hpp we need to at
> como to this little macro that controls the definition of BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC.
>
> #if !defined(__GNUC__) && !defined(BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC)
> # define BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC
> #endif

Since no one replied, I did some additional digging. It looks like we need to
switch the --windows option on if we want Comeau to accept __declspec options.
Same conclusion Vladimir Prus brought up a couple weeks back -- no one responded.

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg67100.php

If you look at the information on the follow 2 pages you might become
convinced that this should be possible.

http://www.comeaucomputing.com/4.0/docs/userman/clang.html
http://www.comeaucomputing.com/4.0/docs/userman/options.html

There was also a thread back on September 2003 discussing whether this was
supported yet by Comeau

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg52701.php

It would be nice if someone from Metacomm could patch the --windows flag into
the build system for the next round to see if it would allow Comeau to work
with dll's on windows.

However, it doesn't seem like there's too much interest in fixing this issue.
 So if no one responds I'll just mark the tests as expected failure and move
on -- I've already spent more time on this than I should have...

Jeff