From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-19 01:26:21

Jeff Garland wrote:

> Since no one replied, I did some additional digging. It looks like we need
> to switch the --windows option on if we want Comeau to accept __declspec
> options. Same conclusion Vladimir Prus brought up a couple weeks back -- no
> one responded.
>
> http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg67100.php
>
> If you look at the information on the follow 2 pages you might become
> convinced that this should be possible.
>
> http://www.comeaucomputing.com/4.0/docs/userman/clang.html

Ah... this clearly indicates __declspec should be explicitly turned on.

> However, it doesn't seem like there's too much interest in fixing this
> issue. So if no one responds I'll just mark the tests as expected failure
> and move on -- I've already spent more time on this than I should have...

Hmm... that's interesting observation. It appears that at least date_time,
program_options and regex (see http://tinyurl.com/5ysxu) are affected by this
problem and nobody seems to care. I think I'll mark the dll tests as
expectedly failing too, if no solution arrives quickly.

- Volodya