From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-18 08:48:13

Michael Glassford wrote:

> Now that I have SciTE, I see a problem: for some reason all my files are
> being checked out with only LF line endings. I'm using the latest
> version of TortoiseCVS, which was supposed to handle line endings
> properly. I wonder what's up?

It will only be a problem if you use an editor which doesn't respect the
existing line endings in the file -- And very few are that nice. Ideally
you want to make sure that the line endings CVS gives you match those of
your platform to reduce chances of misbehavior. But as long as you feed
CVS consistent EOLs no problems should arise.

> On the theory that it seemed to be working for the most part, I removed
> the stray CR that was in the two files indicated by Beman's checking
> program and checked them in. Let me know if this doesn't do the right
> thing.

Seems to have worked. You might want to investigate which editor on your
machine messes up the EOLs. Now that you have SciTE you should be able
to see which editor is to blame.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything