From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-19 01:12:31

David Abrahams wrote:
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >> boost-root/boost/utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp is original.
> >> boost-root/boost/program_options/utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp + *.cpp
> >> is slightly modified copy.
> >> Intention is that utf8_codecvt_facet will become standalone library
> >> at some time and these files will be replaced.
> >
> > Then it should be moved to boost.detail, directory and namespace.
>
> Right. We should never knowingly allow (near) duplicate code in the
> repository.

Then I can only repeat the question I've asked in another email -- do you
think it's OK to add a buildable library (which probably should be in
regression tests as well), without review.

If you tell how it can be done, I can create such a library. For now, I think
I'd rather take my modified version, on the grounds that program_options was
comitted earlier, and I've made utf8 work everywhere it was possible.
Serialization's version currently surely fails on CW, and results for several
other toolsets are not available since Spirit #errors saying they are not
supported.

- Volodya