From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-19 13:31:14

Hi Boosters,

I've started working at Microsoft, and I would like to use Boost at work the
way I do in my personal projects. But this isn't possible unless I can get
big scary lawyers to bless it first, and /that/ isn't possible unless most
or all of Boost is released under a single license.

So, could someone summarize the status of the conversion to the Boost
Software License? How far along will it be by the time 1.32.0 is released?
I'm sure I'm not the only one this makes a difference to - I have a friend
at Microsoft who also wants to use Boost.

Can a page be put up on the Boost website summarizing the license state of
every library in Boost? Then I could point the big scary lawyers at it.

How actively are Boost developers being sought out to change their licenses
over to the Boost Software License? From the attention I was paying to the
list a few months ago, it seemed like the conversion wasn't being pursued
very aggressively. I didn't care then, but I care now!

It seems to me that the conversion is especially important for the libraries
that have been incorporated into TR1.

Stephan T. Lavavej