From: Tonko Juricic (tonygeek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-19 22:52:39

Michael Glassford wrote:

> The upcoming 1.32.0 has some support for building
> as a static library (i.e. you can build it that
> way, but you must call functions at appropriate
> times-- not an easy thing to do--to prevent the
> memory leaks if you use thread_specific_ptr).

> Hopefully the next release after 1.32.0 will do
> cleanup for you automatically.

Mike,

I'm still reading group archives to catch up with the
past issues so the following may be a dumb question:

Assuming that motivation is to provide cross-platform
support for thread_specific_ptr (that is my current
understanding), is it worthy of complications with
thread exit cleanup?

I tend to think that only people familiar with
threading issues would use thread_specific_ptr,
therefore 'generic' thread code should not be
responsible for tss cleanup.

Tony