From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 00:58:45

David Abrahams wrote:

> > It seems reasoable, because it's not templated code. Creating a library
> > will lead to a set of other problems. If both serialization and
> > program_options need to use utf library, then, should they link to that
> > new library, or ask that users link to the new library themself?
> >
> > Since it case of static libraries it's not possible to link utf into
> > program_options, seems like the user would have to link utf manually.
> > Hmm... that's not good, but I don't see better solution.
>
> For now you could put it in an unnamed namespace and just compile it into
> both of the libraries via #include.

Yeah, I think that's possible. So I'm going to:

1. put new header to boost/detail
2. put new source to libs/detail/utf
3. #include new source in program_options.

Objections? As I understood, Robert does not mind to have this issue handed to
me. Robert, would you want me to change serialization to include the file,
too?

- Volodya