From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 11:53:16

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:

> > or something trickier, like:
> >
> > - calling C++ functions:
> >
> > plugin.call<void (void)>("bar") -- no need for "extern "C"
> >
> > - some auto-registraction mechanisms
> >
> > plugin_registry<CodeGenerator> plugins;
> > plugins.load("foo");
> > plugins.load("bar");
> >
> > plugins["i386"].run(.......)
>
> You may take look on polymorphic_map
> (in Boost.Files section). It is work in progress
> but useable and can serve as base for advanced object factory.

Maybe, though in case of plugins classes are identified by names, not by they
real types -- since the types are generally unknown in the caller.

Speaking about the library itself, I'd really prefer if it were in sandbox --
I had no idea it exists. Ideally, it would be nice to have some "CVS digest",
like:

    http://cvs-digest.org/index.php?issue=jul162004

to facilitate cooperation. For example, I was interested in polymorphic map
where the keys do no have to derived from common base. I even think
boost_sandbox/filesytem has some code like that. Bringing this all together
would be good.

- Volodya