From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 15:41:24

"Aleksander Demko" <ademko_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I, like billions of other developers, have a medium sized project
> that for various reasons, invented its own thread, io, etc
> libraries. I'm thinkin of switching over to boost stuff for all my
> utility needs, but I'm wondering if boost has/possibly will have/is
> open to the possibility of adding/ or will never have the following
> facilities:

> url parsing (something like the filesystem lib)

I've written code to parse URI's according to RFC 2396 (URI Generic
Syntax). It's part of a library that allows iterating through archives
such as zip files in a manner similar to Boost.Filesystem. Right now
it's not nearly as portable, elegant or free as Boost.Filesystem, but
if my iostreams library is approved later this year I may consider
boostifying all or part of it and submitting it for review.

Jonathan