From: Aleksander Demko (ademko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 21:03:37

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> > interface to dlls/.so loading
>
> This is something I'd be interested to as well (including writing the code).
> What specifically do you need from such a library? Something like:
>
> boost::dll plugin("foo");
> plugin["bar"].as<void (void)>();

I currently use a very slim wrapper around around dlopen() and the
similar Win32 facility. Ofcourse, this requires big-hammer
reinterpret casts, but my needs are very simple. Basically, my
"plugs" export (extern "C") some kind of entry/registration
function that my main app calls on load.

The code is here:

 http://scopira.org/api/classscopira_1_1tool_1_1dll.html

And could be a basis for a boost endevour. More
C++/demangling/complex stuff could build on the basic symbol

// scopira.org | ninjacoder.com //