From: Aleksander Demko (ademko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 21:04:01

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Jeff Garland wrote:

> > serialization/object persistance (via iostreams)
>
> In the 1.32 release.

Super. This is probably my #1 internal facility that I'd like to
boostify. That and layerable streams (eg. serial objects, via
compression, then encryption, over a network socket, etc).

> > network socket iostreams
>
> There has been work on this, but it seems stalled...
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostSocket

Looks very similar to the article I just read in CUJ (Dec 01) on
the very topic. If my iostreams kung-fu wasn't so weak, I'd try
moving over my socket stuff over.

> All the libraries you mention would be valuable in boost in my view --
> contributions appreciated. See http://www.boost.org/more/submission_process.htm
> if you haven't already.

Neato, I just might do that.

--