From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-21 02:28:03

Le mer 21/07/2004 à 06:44, Doug Gregor a écrit :
> We know we'd like to move over to the Boost Software License (BSL), but
> doing so is a bit of a pain. I've just updated John Maddock's bcp tool
> to add three new things to the HTML report it generates:

[...]

> Just looking at boost/function.hpp, here is the list of authors we need

Could you explain how you did get to this list of authors? I must say
I'm quite surprised to be in it. When looking at the various files, it
seems to me you are the only copyright holder of all header files in
boost/function. So it shouldn't be a problem to switch to the BSL.

Or maybe you are considering that somebody who corrected a small typo at
a given time now holds a copyright on these files? I may be wrong but I
don't think it is necessary: unless the person did put a "copyright"
line in the file, I think the person willingly relinquish its copyright
on the trivial modifications. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> to contact. If you are on this list and would like to give your
> permission to move any of your code in Boost to the Boost Software
> License, version 1.0, please do one of the following:
>
> (A) Add your name and an e-mail address to more/blanket-permission.txt
> in CVS, or
> (B) Reply to the mailing list stating that you agree to allow your
> copyrighted code to be converted to the Boost Software License; I'll
> add you to the aforementioned file with a message time stamp.

> Guillaume Melquiond

I won't do neither A nor B. But I agree for the files of Boost.Function
on which I hold a copyright to be converted to the Boost Software
License 1.0.

Regards,

Guillaume