From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-22 11:02:57

Jonathan Wakely wrote:

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 04:29:23PM -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:

>> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux.html shows
>> errors in build of the serialization libraries related to pthreads,
>etc....

>This is a known (*) issue with GCC 3.4, you must explicitly define
>BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS if you are not going to link with -pthread.

Hmm - isn't this something that could/should be automatically handled by the
bjam - gcc toolset file? I'm not really sure what I should do here. Things
worked before but I suspect that this was because I had static-linking
specified as the default - but I removed this to address some other
confusion and relied on the default set "somewhere else"

I'm not at all sure what I should do here. I think it is also affecting
builds with Itel 7.1 on linux.

Robert Ramey