From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-25 06:27:05

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:13:04 -0700, Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote
> At Saturday 2004-07-24 08:12, you wrote:
> >On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:24:39 +0100, John Maddock wrote
> > > Just out of interest, what is the problem that prevents the date-time
> > > library from implementing a microsecond clock using GetSystemTimeAsFileTime
> > > on Win32?
> >
> >Nothing except time and motivation of the author ;-) I've been meaning to get
> >around to it for quite some time now, but it just hasn't made it off the todo
> >stack -- partially because I haven't had a need for it personally.
>
> having the test blame the compiler it a tad tacky, don'tcha think?

Well, I agree the comment is misleading -- it's the library not the compiler.
A correct implementation the POSIX C API's would solve the issue with no work
on my part. But I think the main point is clear -- if you compile and run
this test you get a message it isn't supported by this platform for the time
being.

Jeff