From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-27 12:01:48

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:43:44 -0700, Robert Ramey wrote
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
> >I know next to nothing about COM, so can't on this idea. In all cases, I
> >think it's a bit beyond the scope.
>
> I have some experience writing applications that use COM. Reading through
> this discussion makes me wonder if this isn't a re-invention of the COM
> wheel. I don't know anything about CORBA.

This isn't really a re-invention of either -- just a very small library that
does something similar to what both do -- without all the baggage. COM is a
Windows only option, for example. Both are big frameworks with gobs of stuff
not needed to load a dll and call a function. So I don't see this as a
reinvention any more than serialization is a reinvention of the MS
serialization...

Jeff