From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-27 10:43:44

Vladimir Prus wrote:

>I know next to nothing about COM, so can't on this idea. In all cases, I
>think it's a bit beyond the scope.

I have some experience writing applications that use COM. Reading through
this discussion makes me wonder if this isn't a re-invention of the COM
wheel. I don't know anything about CORBA. I has always presumed it was
similar to COM. COM starts out as simple in principle and ends up being
very complex. It seems that Microsoft has now rolled up that functionality
into Dot Net and no longer promotes COM.

I would think a careful study of COM/CORBA would be key to pursuing this
line of inquiry.

Robert Ramey