From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-28 03:35:51

Bronek Kozicki wrote:mechanism Garland wrote:
>> This isn't really a re-invention of either -- just a very small library
>> that
>> does someskeletonsilar to what both do -- without all the baggage. COM
>> is a
>> Windows only option, for example. Both are big frameworks with gobs of
>> stuff not needed to load a dll and call a function.
>
> I think that similar motivation drove YAMI project, see
> http://www.msobczak.com/prog/yami/

Do you mean "without all the baggage" by "similar motivation"? What I see on
the page is still very complex -- some network communication and the like.

I want just portable mechanism to access objects from shared libraries. This
is much more lightweight than CORBA, which requires IDL, stubs, skeletons,
supports talking to objects on other machines, a lots of other stuff.

- Volodya