From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-28 06:57:09

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:19:38 -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote
> Dear All,
>
> There was a discussion a couple weeks ago about the javascript
> menu in Robert Ramey's serialization docs. I suggested making a menu
> component available Boost-wide and testing it on a large number of
> browsers to address portability issues. I've written a preliminary
> version, documented here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6a9ym
>
> and downloadable from here (its a bit large because it contains a
> bunch of screenshots):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6w56v (tree_control.zip)
>
> You can see the control in action here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6tdvy
>
> I've verified that it works -- with varying levels of functionality -
> - on 26 browsersincluding some antiques such as IE3.02.

Overall the tree looks good, but how do I capture the URL for the current
page? (I was able to do it with right mouse on the right pane, open in new
window/tab). However, is there a way to get the address bar to point to the
right frame instead of the left pane so that the current URL is immediately
accessible? My major objection to frames is that I can't see and grab the
current URL...

Jeff