From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-28 10:41:22

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:19:38 -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote

> Overall the tree looks good,

Thanks.

> but how do I capture the URL for the current
> page?

This is what the [sync] button is for. When you press it, it's
supposed to reload the documentation with a link that points directly
to the page you were viewing, something like this:

     libs/golf/index.html?path=1.7.2

It only works in browsers which are reasonably conformant with the W3C
DOM, but this includes the vast majority of browsers these days. What
browser are you using?

> (I was able to do it with right mouse on the right pane, open in new
> window/tab). However, is there a way to get the address bar to
point to the
> right frame instead of the left pane so that the current URL is
immediately
> accessible? My major objection to frames is that I can't see and
grab the
> current URL...

I agree. See http://tinyurl.com/3sdu6.

Jonathan