From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 09:07:00

Aleksey Gurtovoy ha escrito:
[...]

> > Any news about the new MPL?
>
> It's still in works :(, mostly for the lack of time than any
> significant problems.

Oh, I know "amazing" is your middle name, but are you
so confident that you won't introduce any regression
4 days short of the branch? Well, let's hope for the
best, if you finally decide to check in.

**Boost.MultiIndex current status**

Well, on another topic, I'm leaving for vacation next Saturday,
so I won't be able to participate during the final stage
of the release process. I'll be watching the game from some
sloppy Internet connection, but won't have CVS write access :(
This means that somebody will have to take care of
Boost.MultiIndex (any volunteer?). I hope it'll pose little problem,
since IMHO the lib is in pretty good state now.
For your convenience, here's a summary of the current status:

* Inspection reports pass OK.
* License reports pass OK, except two files: a .css and a
redirecting index.html do not have (c) info. I think nobody else
copyrights these dumb files, but in case (c) is required please
feel free to include whatever legalese you please.
* I've checked in my bio and links to multi_index docs from
the main page and the libraries section.
* The lib is known to work for the following:
  - Comeau 4.3.3 (vc7++ backend)
  - GCC 3.2 and later (in principle under any platform)
  - Visual Age 6.0 AIX
  - Intel 7.1/8.0 Windows/Linux (+STLport)
  - CW 8.3/9.2 Mac/Windows
  - MSVC++ 6.5/7.0/7.1 (+STLport)
Any future failure in one of these toolsets should be regarded
as a regression from its current status, pronably due to changes
in the libs multi_index depends on.
* The lib is known *not* to work in GCC 2.95.x, BCB6.4 and
Comeau 4.3.3 with VC++ 6.0 backend. I'll have these toolsets
marked as unusable before I leave.
* I've commited a last minute workaround for MSVC++ 8.0
and am desperately waiting for the next RudbekAssociates
tests turnaround. If this cames in before I leave I'll act accordingly
to the results (hopefully positive.)
* Any other toolset I don't make any claim wrt support/lack
of it.

I hope I haven't missed any important point. Good luck with
the release, may the force be with you etc. I'd like to thank
everybody for your support during this fascinating experience
of contributing a lib to Boost.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo