From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 09:22:20

Dear Boosters,

what is the reason for the absence of "member_function_pointer_traits"
(or alike) in the type_traits library ?
To be precise: is it a design decision or just something not yet
implemented ?

In the latter case I hereby volunteer for implementing it.

I suggest an interface similar to the one of function_traits but with
two additional constants for 'const' and 'volatile' qualification of the
pointee method, because there is no member function type without the
pointer thus making it impossible to use remove_pointer / is_[qualifier]
or pass 'Class::member_function' (without the '&', that is) as an
argument of parametrized type to a template function.

Best regards,

Tobias