From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-30 01:18:49

Toon Knapen writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> Undestood. You can do it by invoking 'regression.py' with the
>> following sequence of commands:
>> python regression.py cleanup bin
>> python regression.py setup
>> python regression.py test --toolsets=<your toolsets>
>> python regression.py collect-logs --runner=<your runner id>
>> python regression.py upload-logs --runner=<your runner id>
>

> Now my problem is that the python on my IBM/Aix machine does not
> support zipping.

Oh, that's a pity.

> But I probably can zip and upload the necessary file myself using
> standard tools.

Sure, please see below.

> I tried to decypher what should be done from the
> python script and saw the 'from runner import upload_logs' but there
> is no 'runner' module, is there?

That statement imports 'upload_logs' function from
"boost/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/collect_and_upload_logs.py"
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/collect_and_upload_logs.py).

> I'm not very good in Python so any hint would be welcome.

Basically all you need to do after the "collect-logs" step is to zip
the resulting XML ("<your runner id>.xml") located in the "./results"
directory and upload it to ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering