From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 10:46:26

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Toon Knapen writes:

> *Bootstrap* toolsets (the one that are used to build 'bjam' and
> 'process_jam_log' executables) were hard-coded, for no good
> reason. The attached revision of the script allows you to specify both
> of these separately, or omit them altogether:

> --bjam-toolset bootstrap toolset for 'bjam' executable (optional)
> --pjl-toolset bootstrap toolset for 'process_jam_log' executable
> (optional)
>
> If you omit them, and there are no pre-built executables in the
> script's directory, then the first toolset extracted from the
> '--toolsets' option will be used, and if the latter is not present,
> then the script will fall back to some platform-dependent default.

thanks, this works fine now.

> Undestood. You can do it by invoking 'regression.py' with the
> following sequence of commands:
>
> python regression.py cleanup bin
> python regression.py setup
> python regression.py test --toolsets=<your toolsets>
> python regression.py collect-logs --runner=<your runner id>
> python regression.py upload-logs --runner=<your runner id>

Now my problem is that the python on my IBM/Aix machine does not support
zipping. But I probably can zip and upload the necessary file myself
using standard tools. I tried to decypher what should be done from the
python script and saw the
'from runner import upload_logs'
but there is no 'runner' module, is there? I'm not very good in Python
so any hint would be welcome.

toon