From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-30 08:32:30

I've leaving on vacation until Aug 23, so I though I'd explain the current
release status of program_options.

I believe that most failures are addressed. The Boost-wide table shows a lot
of yellow cells, but I'm sure I've added explicit markup for most of them,
and indeed the results for win32 are much better.

The only two unexpected yellow cells are for intel- win32- 7.1- vc6- stlport-
4.5.3 at

  http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/developer/program_options.html

These are fresh problem and I'm not sure how I've missed them, or when they
are introduced. In any case, it's too late to fix them.

Another problem is that I still not sure about Darwin. All tests fail because
of Boost.Test problem, and I'm not sure if Gennadiy is going to do anything
about it. I think this is very bad situation, and would say that reverting
the problematic change in Boost.Test is an option, but can't press for it.

Apart from the above, during last week I've applied numerous editorial changes
to the docs (big thanks to Charles Brockman), revived the remaining examples,
and added new sections to the "howto" section, so I hope docs are in a good
shape as well.

If during the release process anybody would want to fix something, feel free
to commit the change, making sure it does not breaks anything else, and
dropping me a note by personal email. Thanks again to everyone who already
sent patches for the library!

- Volodya