From: Sven Johannsen (Sven.Johannsen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-01 07:11:29

Rene Rivera wrote:

> That's because building with <stlport-iostreams>on is the default.
Are you sure? the Boost.Build doku (msvc-stlport toolset ) says the
stlport-iostream are off in the default.

When i try to turn the iostreams off i get the follow errortext:

"Note that STLPort iostreams are /not/ in use by default. To enable
them, you must place <stlport-iostream>on in your BUILD variable or in
target requirements."

i understand from this errortext, that the stlport iostreams are OFF.

>> the lib behave like "gdpn"-file, but i have to rename the lib.
>> otherwise i get the following linker error:
>>
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
>> "boost_thread-vc6-mt-gdpn-1_31.lib"
>

> I think this is because the defines that the autolink is using don't
> match what the msvc-stlport-toolset.jam is setting.
>
>> who can modifier the jam-file. (i don't speak jam)
>

> Try using the attached mscv-stlport-tools.jam see if things improve.

how should i use the file? i tried "bjam mscv-stlport-tools.jam", but
nothing happend. please tell me there i have to store the file and want
cmdline i have to use.

> # The following #// line will be used by the regression test table generation
> # program as the column heading for HTML tables. Must not include version number.
> #//Micro-
soft
VC++