From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-01 09:08:02

Sven Johannsen wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>> That's because building with <stlport-iostreams>on is the default.
>
> Are you sure? the Boost.Build doku (msvc-stlport toolset ) says the
> stlport-iostream are off in the default.

No I'm not sure... If you are using Boost 1.31 then the default is
*off*. If you are using the current CVS state then the default is *on*
(and the docs need to change). Which version are you using?

> When i try to turn the iostreams off i get the follow errortext:
>
> "Note that STLPort iostreams are /not/ in use by default. To enable
> them, you must place <stlport-iostream>on in your BUILD variable or in
> target requirements."

It only prints that text, along with other text you did not quote, when
it thinks you did not setup the stlport toolset correctly. It has
nothing to do with whether iostreams are on or off.

> i understand from this errortext, that the stlport iostreams are OFF.

The text says that iostreams are off by default. Which is correct for
1.31 but not for current CVS.

>> Try using the attached mscv-stlport-tools.jam see if things improve.
>>
> how should i use the file? i tried "bjam mscv-stlport-tools.jam", but
> nothing happend. please tell me there i have to store the file and want
> cmdline i have to use.

Replace the file by the same name in your Boost tree:
boosr-root/tools/build/v1/msvc-stlport-tools.jam -- And then use the
same commands you normally use.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything