From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-02 03:04:43

Peter Dimov wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>
> [many things]
>
> There's one thing that's been bugging me. Wasn't your logic predicated on
> "sale" as it relies on the doctrine of first sale? But downloading something
> at zero cost is not a sale, right?

Wrong. Gifts/gratis/free (sometimes they are called "promotional" ;-) )
copies also fall under "first sale".

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=cauv72%249nu%241%40vegh.ks.cc.utah.edu
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=cauvfk%249sc%241%40vegh.ks.cc.utah.edu
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=BCF9B282.1CB5A%25eschaal%40max.hi-ho.ne.jp

Well, let's continue on misc.legal.computing.

regards,
alexander.

P.S. Momchil, you're totally confused.

http://www.nysd.uscourts.gov/courtweb/pdf/D02NYSC/01-07482.PDF