From: Christoph Ludwig (cludwig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-13 04:48:09

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 10:06:07PM +0200, Christoph Ludwig wrote:
> the regression logs (dated 2004-08-10) show that, e.g.,
> test_exported_text_archive fails for gcc 3.4.1:
> http://tinyurl.com/3tek6.
>
> That's the same problem I mentioned today in another post; in a simple
> test case I could solve the problem with the attached patch.
> However, I am not going to pretend that I understand how all the
> specializations and explicit instantiations in the export machinery
> interact. And I didn't have time yet to run a more complex test
> or the regression tests against the patched version.

I have run the regression test suite and my patch makes the
test_exported_*_archive tests indeed pass.

Unfortunately, I see new failures in the
test_level_class_info_load_*_archive test that
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux.html (dated
2004-08-12) reports as passing. The test output does not tell me much:

  serialization - test_level_class_info_load_binary_archive - gcc

  Linker output:

  Chmod1
  ../bin/boost/libs/serialization/test/test_level_class_info_load_binary_archive.test/gcc/debug/test_level_class_info_load_binary_archive

  Run output:

  Exception in "call_test_main": std::exception: stream error

  *** errors detected in test case "call_test_main"; see standard output
  for details
  Test case "call_test_main" was aborted due to uncaught exception, user
  assert or system error

  EXIT STATUS: 200

Regards

Christoph