From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-13 15:26:34

From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
> "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > The primary motivation for the namespace version seems to be
> > shortening of names.
>
> That doesn't seem very compelling to me.

I thought it was to bring consistency to the template names
across the various namespaces. Remember value, iterator,
const_iterator, difference, size, etc. from Thorsten's list? The
same names could be used in different namespaces for the same
purpose. Whether such names were qualified, and whether the
qualification was shortened in any way, was up to the context
and user.