From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-14 17:20:27

http://stl.nuwen.net/bsl2.html (didn't try to cover python and serialization - did they get fixed yet?)

Progress is awesome!

However, there's still low-hanging fruit, and there's still some work to be done:

* Authors We Need For The BSL

"John R Bandela" is in blanket-permission.txt as "John Bandela".
"Robert Ramey - http www rrsd com" is in blanket-permission.txt as "Robert Ramey".
"Thorsten Ottosen" is in blanket-permission.txt as "Thorsten Jørgen Ottosen".

It should be really easy to take care of these aliases.

* See the "Old style Boost licence #8" - bcp is getting /terribly/ confused about the file boost/archive/impl/basic_xml_grammar.hpp .

* There are 86 files with no recognizable license information, and 247 with no recognizable copyright holder. The latter are all MPL though.

* The 20 files that have been automatically BSLed look good to me - no obvious munging, though I don't know if I should be looking for anything specific.

* There are still 641 files that have not been BSLed (I think this category is disjoint from no-license and no-copyright).

Compare this to the 4738 BSLed files! Whoo!

Is bcp being enhanced to annotate which Boost modules are entirely BSLed and which aren't yet? This could go in the Input Information section; each module could have a tag saying "Not BSLed", "BSLed, But Dependent On Modules Not BSLed", and "BSLed".

Also I don't know if my technique of getting bcp to report on all directory names in boost/libs is catching everything or not.

Stephan T. Lavavej
[I'm just a Booster, I don't speak for Microsoft]