From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-15 06:54:03

> * Authors We Need For The BSL
>
> "John R Bandela" is in blanket-permission.txt as "John Bandela".
> "Robert Ramey - http www rrsd com" is in blanket-permission.txt as "Robert
Ramey".
> "Thorsten Ottosen" is in blanket-permission.txt as "Thorsten Jørgen
Ottosen".

> It should be really easy to take care of these aliases.

Done, I've added the Aliases to blanket-permission.txt, and fixed up the
regex scanning to pick up on Robert Ramey's web address.

> * See the "Old style Boost licence #8" - bcp is getting /terribly/
confused about the file boost/archive/impl/basic_xml_grammar.hpp .

Because it has *two* licences in it. Not much we can do about that.

> * There are 86 files with no recognizable license information, and 247
with no recognizable copyright holder. The latter are all MPL though.

Yep, I wish we could handle those better, and it looks like we still need
another push to get rid of those files with no license at all.

> * The 20 files that have been automatically BSLed look good to me - no
obvious munging, though I don't know if I should be looking for anything
specific.

> * There are still 641 files that have not been BSLed (I think this
category is disjoint from no-license and no-copyright).

> Compare this to the 4738 BSLed files! Whoo!
>
> Is bcp being enhanced to annotate which Boost modules are entirely BSLed
and which aren't yet? This could go in the Input Information section; each
module could have a tag saying "Not BSLed", "BSLed, But Dependent On Modules
Not BSLed", and "BSLed".

Maybe, probably it would just have to be a Yes or no answer - bcp can't
really tell which file "belongs" to whom.

> Also I don't know if my technique of getting bcp to report on all
directory names in boost/libs is catching everything or not.

I use "." as the module name, of course then it flags up a whole load of new
problems :-(

Thanks,

John.