From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-18 07:20:58

> * 5037 BSLed files.
>
> * 39 files converted which have to be manually verified.
>
> * 1 file that could be converted, but hasn't yet been. That's
> boost/variant/detail/move.hpp. It's dual-copyrighted and dual-licensed,
but
> both Eric Friedman and Andrei Alexandrescu are now in
> blanket-permission.txt. The file should be converted.

Yep, I'll do a blanket conversion at some point.

> * 619 files that cannot be converted yet.
>
> * 83 files without a recognizable license (including files from format,
> lambda, pending, any, graph, iterator, mpl, property_map, and utility).

:-(

I keep nagging, but the folks responsible for those don't seem to be
listening.

> * 248 files without a recognizable copyright holder (all mpl, except for
one
> file from serialization, where bcp is getting confused - that's got a
> copyright and a variant of the BSL).

I think the lack of a valid copyright date is why that odd one is being
picked up, I'll try and fix that.
Not sure what to do about those MPL files yet.

> Still need many authors for the BSL.
>
> [David Abrahams]
> > What do you mean? What was broken?
>
> python and serialization used to cause bcp to fail. serialization has
since
> been fixed, but something is still wrong with python:
>
> **** exception(205): std::runtime_error: Bad file name:
> libs\python\doc\tutorial\quickstart.html
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********

There's an error in one of the python doc files (it references a
non-existant file), running bcp with --cvs fixes the error though.

> > I use "." as the module name, of course then it flags up a
> > whole load of new problems :-(
>
> I tried what you suggest, but it didn't work:
>
> C:\Temp\boost\boost>..\bcp --report . bsl4.html
>
> **** exception(205): std::exception: boost::filesystem::is_directory:
> ":sys:stat.h": The parameter is incorrect.
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********

This is weird: if I build and run bcp from the VC7.1 IDE then there are no
errors, but building from the bjam and running from the command line causes
that error. I have no idea what's going on here, but I'll try and look into
it.

John.