From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-18 12:08:20

Hi,

Janusz Piwowarski wrote:

>>>Hi Reece,
>>>
>>>did you know of the existence of the following list of C++ GUI
>
> frameworks?

>>>http://www.fltk.org/index.php
>>>http://www.fox-toolkit.org/
>>>http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/
>>>http://inti.sourceforge.net/
>>>http://www.trolltech.com/
>>>http://vcf.sourceforge.net/
>>>http://www.wxwindows.org/
>>>http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/

>> http://www.nedprod.com/TnFOX/index.html

> http://notus.sourceforge.net/ (Boost related)
> http://upp.sourceforge.net/

And WTL - Windows Template Library:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wtl/

The Sourceforge page is not very rich, but you may ask Google for a
couple of screenfuls of relevant links.

OK, you will write it by yourself anyway. :)

I would strongly recommend that you take a look at how the GUI is done
in Tcl/Tk (Tkinter in Python is also based on it). It is a complete
different language and technology, but using the packer interface is
extreme fun and may give you some ideas for your own library development.
IMHO, porting Tk to C++ (and I mean extensive use of templates and
operator overloading to achieve minimal syntax, not just thin class
wrappers) would result in *THE* GUI library for C++.

Programming    : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/