From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-23 17:25:35

le Monday 23 August 2004 23:51, sponage_at_[hidden] écrivit :

> Don't you just love obfuscated math?

ohh yesss I do ! :-)

> graph represents a buckyball wireframe), then the
> random number generator degenerates into a
> coin-flipper generator. So it's not that farfetched.

but in my example, the generator is used as a base for generating full
length int numbers.
So, unless there is a device that's very good at creating 1 bit entropy so
fast and so well that people use it as a core source of randomness, the
case really is contrived.
hmm, well I guess this could happen after all. So the bug might have had a
non-zero probability of happening (not much more, though)
Anyway, the code is better with the bug fixed :)

--
Samuel