From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-26 06:06:44

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
>>JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z writes:
>>> I don't want to sound harsh or anything, and I truly appreciate the
>>> effort that's being put in this, but a month has slipped by since the
>>> first schedule for releasing, and AFAIK we don't even have an agreed
>>> upon branching date for the near future.
>
>>The branching date is pending MPL check-in. The latter has been postponed
>>several times as the new issues surfaced (in particular, due to better
>>tests), but it's crucial to ensure that the library is in the predictable
>>state before the release (remember that it goes on the CD with the TMP
>>book), so please bear with us.
>
> The branch should occur now. MPL update can go into the next release. Or
> you can see it a slightly different way. Branch and release 1.32 now.
> Rebranch and release 1.32 when MPL update has been added and any related
> issues resolved.

Please be patient.

Aleksey is having a hard time getting finished and the release date
has slipped; it's true. That said, the very existence of this release
is due to our need to have a Boost release with an updated MPL for
http://www.boost-consulting.com/mplbook. The CD for the book has to
be final by early next month, and there's no possible way we can do
two releases before that time. The schedule is getting increasingly
tight; I just hope we can do _one_.

I considered what would happen if we branched now and Aleksey
integrated his changes into the release branch. It seems apparent
that it would only slow the release down further, since the changes
would have to be integrated into the trunk, too.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting