From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-26 14:28:35

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>> Metrowerks CodeWarrior. Weird linker warnings. Fails for programs which
>>> use utf8_codecvt_facet and which use export. Export seems to fail due to
> an
>>> over zealous link time optimizer eliminating what might look like dead
> code.
>
>>?? CW doesn't support export ??
>
> Export refers to one of the features of the serialization library - not to
> be confused with all the other ways we use this word. Sorry if there is any
> confusion here.
>
>>Are you aware that some of the facet stuff is only supported in the
>>*statically-linked* version of the MW standard library?
>><runtime-link>static might be a requirement of these tests.
>
> I'm certainly not aware of that. I looked carefully through all the
> information I could find and didn't see anything like that. However, that
> would explain at least test failures associated with utf8 codecvt. I'll try
> this.

I could have sworn that I added a BBv1 feature that one could use to
indicate that facet support was needed, but I can't find it
now... Oh, there.

Stick

      std::facet-support

    and/or

      std::locale-support

in your target's requirements according to whether it needs either of
these things. It's not a <feature>; it's a rule, so no angle
brackets. That handles Intel and CodeWarrior issues.

HTH,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting