From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-31 17:22:11

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> I just started a local test run after inserting #include <pyconfig.h> at the
> beginning of prefix.hpp. It will take a few hours before I have all results.

Do you suggest that adding <pyconfig.h> to prefix.hpp instead of
wrap_python.hpp would be the way to go?

>>+// Include the python config file. This has to be done before including any
>>+// system headers because it defines macros which might collide with default
>>+// definitions. Namely these are _OSF_SOURCE, _POSIX_C_SOURCE, and
>>+// _XOPEN_SOURCE.
>>+//
>>+#if PY_MAJOR_VERSION < 2 || PY_MAJOR_VERSION == 2 && PY_MINOR_VERSION < 2
>>+# include <config.h>
>>+#else
>>+# include <pyconfig.h>
>>+#endif
>
> Boost.Python Version 2 requires Python 2.2 or greater anyway.

What about a check in this file, then? Something like

#if PY_MAJOR_VERSION<2 || PY_MAJOR_VERSION==2 && PY_MINOR_VERSION<2
#error ...
#endif

> I think we should eliminate this complicated construct.

It was taken from further down the file. That should go as well, then.

Markus