From: Karl Rosaen (krosaen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-01 09:42:05

for what it's worth, I used the cuj article and code as the basis of a
final project in a distributed systems class. it provides a great
example, but it is far from working over the network (it uses a local
file pipe/stream or somthing of the sort to simulate the network). to
get it up and running over the network i had to

- add a multithreaded server on the host side
- make communication occur over the network (using tcp), handling
errors if necessary and using a header to indicate number of bytes
sent etc.

once I made those changes, it did work though.

karl