From: Stefan Seefeld (sseefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-02 13:02:38

Out of curiosity: why would anybody not use RTTI ? Why shouldn't
compilers without RTTI just considered broken ?

Being able to switch RTTI support off just introduces binary
incompatibilities
and makes some code illegal (you can't cast between classes with a virtual
inheritance relationship without dynamic_cast, etc.)

Regards,
                Stefan