From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-06 14:52:38

The following is my Jamfile.v2:
<-----------
project dependent_test
   ;
run test1.cpp
   : #args
   : #input-files
   : #requirements
   : test1_test #target-name
   : #default-build
   ;

run test1_test
     test2.cpp
   :
   : test2_test
   :
   ;
>-----------
What I want is for test2_test to run only if test1_test passes.
I know the above rule invocations look suspicious because the
target is normally the 1st token after the rule name; however,
the run rule (in testing.jam) is:

rule run ( sources + : args * : input-files * : requirements * :
target-name ? : default-build * )

So, I thought putting test1_test in the 2nd run (for target test2_test )
would cause test1_test to always be run first, and only if that passed,
then would test2_test be tried. However, this is not what happened.
test2_test was ALWAYS run.

What should I do to make test2_test's run only after test1_test
successfully ran?