From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-09 16:54:19

"George M. Garner Jr." <gmgarner_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Johnathan,
>
> Funny. It works if I templatize line_wrapping_output_filter like so:
>
> template<class CHAR_TYPE>
> class line_wrapping_output_filter : public output_filter

Right -- I was just getting around to answering your message. Most of the
filters included with the core library are templatized on character type. The
examples use char for simplcity. If you want to use TCHAR, that should be fine,
as long as you specify it as a template parameter everywhere. (You might run
into trouble if you use /Zc:wchar_t, I'm not sure.)

If I include a version of the line-wrapping filter as a real part of the
library, I'll make sure to templatize it. But there are other questions, too,
such as what the policy for breaking words should be.

Best Regards,
Jonathan