From: Jürgen Hunold (hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-10 05:34:46

Hi John !

On Friday 10 September 2004 12:08, John Maddock wrote:
> Juergen,
>
> In case you missed this at the end of my last mail, there are still
> some copyright issues to try and sort out; the copyright I'm seeing
> in some of your work is:
>
> // Copyright (c) 2003 Institute of Transport,
> // Railway Construction and Operation,
> // University of Hanover, Germany
> //
> // Author: Jürgen Hunold
>
> In the files:
>
> libs/graph/test/property_iter.cpp

This was changed to BSL in current cvs already

> tools/build/v2/test/railsys/libx/include/libx/test_libx.h
> tools/build/v2/test/railsys/libx/src/test_libx.cpp
> tools/build/v2/test/railsys/program/include/test_a.h
> tools/build/v2/test/railsys/program/liba/test_a.cpp
> tools/build/v2/test/railsys/program/main/main.cpp
>
> I don't think having your name in blanket-permission.txt is enough
> for us to move these over to the BSL is it?

Well, I thought it was enough ;-)
Especially because all files (should) have stated:

// Permission to copy, use, modify, sell and distribute this software is
// granted provided this copyright notice appears in all copies. This
// software is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty, and
// with no claim as to its suitability for any purpose.

So I thought that changing to the equivalent BSL would not be such an
issue, especially because all that matters is the fact that the
copyright itself stays. But luckily I'm no lawyer.

> So I guess what we really need is the permission of the "Institute of
> Transport", would you be able to help us out with that?

Yes I can. I'm in charge of the Boost issue here, and the author of all
the files, so I can give you the permission:

You may change these files to the Boost Software License.

I hope this is sufficient.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  ! Institut für Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau
* voice: ++49 511 762-2529   ! und -betrieb, Universität Hannover