From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-10 06:03:49

Jonathan Turkanis <technews <at> kangaroologic.com> writes:
[...]
> > 1. scope_guard.hpp: maybe this file could be moved into
> > boost/detail and used by multi_index + iostreams until
> > something gets boostified.
>
> I'm for this. Unfortunately, my simplified scope_guard isn't working on CW8.3
> (though it passes the regression tests I've written for it.) So I'll probably
> use Joaquín's.

Jonathan, does your CW 8.3 problem has to do with premature
execution of the guard code? if so, then this is due not to your
code, but to a compiler bug about the lifetime of temporary
objects bound to references. See the following for a

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg65882.php

This problem happens only when the "ISO C++ Template Parser"
mode is on, so it can be avoided by explicitly setting
the mode off with pragmas. Go to boost/multi_index_container.hpp
and search for the two occurrences of parse_mfunc_templ in
lines 77 and 531.

Hope this helps,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo