From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-10 10:46:37

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> FWIW: Boost.Python works with both MIPSpro 7.3 and 7.4. The only test that
> fails is the embedding test.
> MIPSpro 7.4 == EDG 245, a very good front end. It shouldn't really be a problem
> to make most things work with this compiler, although it will of course require
> some time to work out the fixes.

I'm prepared to implement fixes for IBM and HP because I know that the
fix is temporary. The compiler evolves and in the future the fix will
not be necessary anymore. So implementing a fix is just allowing to use
the functionality already before the compiler is capable to of compiling
the standard-compliant implementation of boost. But the mipspro compiler
does not evolve anymore so you know in advance that will be stuck fixing
things the whole time without the compiler catching up. And additionally
I suspect that in 2 years the platform will not be used anymore so why
bother.